Travel back in time to the greatest city in Mesoamerica, and become part of its history.
Witness the glory of the powerful pre-Columbian civilization, and become the builder of the magnificent Pyramid of the Sun!
Teotihuacan: City of Gods is a strategic game of resource and worker management.
- Manage a group of worker dice who become more experienced - and effective - as the game progresses.
- Build a different board and start with varied resources and bonuses every time you play.
- Raise the Pyramid of the Sun, build homes, climb temples to secure the favor of the gods.
- Develop the perfect set of technologies to bolster your strategy.
- Set a different path to victory every time you play.
- Challenge your friends or a simple robust automated opponent.
Strategize, adapt and become the most influential figure in Teotihuacan: City of Gods
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Fun and beautiful game with multiple different winning strategies. The gameplay mechanism is simply amazing, moving dice around and powering them up for ascension. You never really “block” anyone like most worker placement games but it does make it more expensive, and this less incentive to go there. Therefore, you never get that feeling of truly being screwed over. At the same time, the ever changing placement of the dice also mean you cannot plan that far ahead making APing less frequent. The many options allows for multiple ways to score points and each matches the theme of the game very well.
I picked this up not knowing the full rules or even a play through. I just went off of the reviews and got a great game. This has a lot of points to get in many areas. After 6 plays I can not say I have a strategy that worked every time. There is just so much to think about and do. Planing is a must in this game, so it could get a little AP. I would recommend this game for groups that can play quicker turns. I think it's a fantastic game with great mechanics.