The game of enigma and conspiracy, reimagined by its creator for a new generation of roleplayers.
Key Selling Points
- A cornucopia of fringe science, conspiracy, and hyper-reality. The island of Al Amarja is a rich sandbox for your craziest and most entertaining ideas.
- Everything old is new again: New narrative rules improve storytelling. New character traits propel drama. Every conspiracy, character, and location is given a fresh twist.
- Designed by Jonathan Tweet, lead designer of Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition, Ars Magica, Everway, and 13th Age.
What It’s About
The twisted RPG of counter-culture conspiracy, weird science, and urban danger comes roaring back in a completely reimagined edition.
Get into trouble. Question your place in the crazed multiverse. Take a draught of madness. Transcend mortal limits. Fight a baboon.
Please remember that Liberty is Job One, Disarmament Means Peace, It’s Polite to Speak English, and of course, Paranormal Activity is perfectly legal. Thank you for your consent.
- Fast, dramatic character creation that’s laser-focused on creating dynamic, active characters. Player-defined traits establish what characters can do. Each PC’s Trouble and Question drive the story.
- A simple 2d6 resolution mechanic uses a lightning-fast comparison of level and difficulty to generate rerolls.
- Inject shocking, unexpected outcomes into the narrative through good twists, bad twists, and "twist ties."
- Three strikes and you’re dead. But unless you’re at risk of your third strike, you can safely take big risks, electrifying gameplay with exciting moments.