Mercenary. Money will not always get you good soldiers, but good soldiers can always get you money… or land, or power, or whatever you are willing to pay them to fight for.
- Raise Your Force. Mercenary presents detailed rules for raising and equipping a mercenary force, training your troops and finding the best – or maybe just the cheapest – hardware on the market. Units are rated according to their capabilities in critical areas such as direct combat, aerospace defence or bombardment. Unit Traits provide additional capabilities that can tip the balance of a close-fought battle.
- Enter the Marketplace. Some plans do not survive contact with the client, let alone the enemy. Mercenary gives you the tools you need to make sense of a client’s conflicting requirements and figure out what is necessary to complete the contract. Sometimes that is the same as winning the fight… but not always.
- Begin Operations. The mission and ticket resolution rules allow large and small-scale operations to be quickly resolved. Referees can abstract routine events and shift focus to where the action is hottest. The scalable battle system accounts for force size, tech level, tactics, level of aggression and a host of other factors.
- Lay Down Some Fire. The expanded combat rules deal with life-or-death situations where suppressing an enemy support weapon, getting a shot on target or achieving an instant knockdown can make all the difference. Weapon design rules allow you to customise weaponry to your unique requirements.
- Deploy Specialists. Rules for specialist troops cover anti-armour tactics, meteoric assault from orbit, hunting snipers and all manner of other situations the typical band of Travellers will never encounter. An array of specialist equipment is also presented, providing the tools for getting the toughest job done.