The Transformers Trading Card Game continues to grow as its second set rumbles into stores! RISE OF THE COMBINERS sees the battlefield changed forever as the mighty, towering Combiners come into play for the first time. Introducing a number of characters and mechanics into the Transformers TCG, certain cards from RISE OF THE COMBINERS Booster Packs allow players to race against their opponent to assemble and activate their team into Combiner mode while battling for victory.
Character Cards that are components of a Combiner character employ an exciting physical mechanic. Each card is the size of a standard Transformers TCG character card, but has a piece of the Combiner character on one side, and the Alt and Bot modes of a character on the Combiner team on the other. The cards have a reinforced hinge in the center, which allows them to be neatly folded when in play as one of several characters on a player’s team.
- 46 TRANSFORMERS Character Cards and 76 Battle Cards not previously in Transformers TCG Booster Packs, including cards to assemble and activate 6 Combiner characters
- Mechanics to complement updated roster of characters
- 1 Foil TRANSFORMERS Character Card and 7 Battle Cards in Each Booster Pack
- Multiple character cards are needed to form a Combiner character.
- 5 Combiner teams have their own Enigma Battle Cards, which a player must deploy to assemble the component characters into the full Combiner character.
- Approximately 1 in 2 RISE OF THE COMBINERS Booster Packs contains a Character Card needed to form a Combiner character.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Transformers TCG: Rise of the Combiners was a good continuation of the game. It brought in many new and fun mechanics to the game. Best of all the Rare and Super Rare character cards have better pull rates. 1-50 packs in wave 2 for super rares over 1-79 packs in wave 1.