Shadowrun, Fifth Edition is the newest version of one of the most popular and successful role-playing settings of all time. Fusing magic with technology in a dystopian near-future setting, Shadowrun offers unparalleled possibilities for a full breadth of roleplaying adventures. With rules for character creation, magic, combat, Matrix hacking, rigging, and more, Shadowrun, Fifth Edition has everything you need to start playing. Grab some dice, dive into the shadows, and pit yourself against the challenges waiting in the Sixth World.
- Focuses on cyberpunk themes in a dystopian setting where outsiders struggle against an oppressive system that stacks the odds against them. It’s a dangerous, deadly world where characters have to make tough choices to stay alive—and, if they’re lucky, thrive.
- Provides new mechanics to put more focus on characters succeeding through their own skills and attributes, while also ensuring that gear continues to play an important role in the Sixth World.
- Revises the Matrix to make it more unified with other areas of game play and to help deckers play a more active role alongside their fellow shadowrunners.
- Preserves the key elements that made Shadowrun, Fourth Edition so successful, including using Attribute rating plus Skill rating to determine dice pools and using a fixed target number of 5.
- Offers more gamemaster resources and advice than previous editions, making it easier for newcomers to jump into the game.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Just like the limited edition and first printing I own... I opened the book and the binding came loose.