Once a functional fortress where wizards honed their eldritch craft, little now remains of the Scarlet Citadel—on the surface. The place now has a sinister and deadly reputation among adventurers and lorekeepers, and for good reason. The dungeon’s well-trod stairs have seen few return from their journeys below.
Here, deep underground, dwarven mercenaries once bred their owlbears for war, sorcerers from the White Forest practiced their arts, and strange cults from other realms drew from mysterious nodes of power. Ancient treasures and secrets are still scattered everywhere. Malevolent creatures spin shadowy webs, enchant foul magics, and summon forth dark gods.
The Scarlet Citadel for 5th Edition hardcover is:
- A massive hardcover tome containing a classic-style adventure for 10 levels of play, fully compatible for D&D 5E.
- Easily paired with the Scarlet Citadel Map Folio, a fold-out set of playable battle maps from Kobold Press.
- Suited for newcomers to tabletop RPGs as well as long-time Game Masters.
- Optimized for evocative combats and magical mysteries, and brimming with plots and subplots to uncover.
- Full of original traps and new monsters as well as a complete write-up of the nearby town of Redtower, where the adventurers can set up a home base.