How do I get the holds ability added to my account?
- Customers can enable this functionality by going to the Holds tab in My Account - https://www.gamenerdz.com/holds
How do place an order on customer hold?
- At checkout, your default shipping method will be "Customer Hold". This shipping method must be selected in order for your item to be put on hold. Once payment has been processed and you received an order confirmation, your order is now on hold and nothing further is required until you are ready to have it shipped.
How do I request my hold items to be shipped?
- To release your hold items, navigate to the “Holds” section of your account
- Select the items you would like to have released.
- Once you have made your selections, you can click the “Release Holds” button and review your selections before confirming.
How long does it take to ship my order once requested?
- Released hold orders typically process within 2 business days, but may vary depending on volume. You will receive an email with the tracking number as soon as it ships.
How can I get my items shipped if they do not meet the $75 free shipping threshold?
- When releasing your orders, if they do not meet the free shipping threshold, you will be prompted to pay the applicable shipping fee.
- Additional fees may be required for non-contiguous destinations.
- Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Alaska, P.O. Boxes, and APO destinations do not qualify for free or flat-rate shipping.
Can I add additional items to my shipment after I've been notified that my hold request has been processed?
- Once we have confirmed that your hold requests have been released, any additional products will need to go towards a new shipment.
Why can I not see the hold option on my account?
- If you have requested and been notified that the Holds option has been added to your account, be sure to log-out and back-in before you start a new order. Waiting until the checkout process has started may result in the option not loading in properly if you have not refreshed your login.
Can I split an order and combine it with two others?
- We highly encourage you to place single item orders since there is no shipping charge. Once you request your hold items to be released, we will combine them and ship them. Note that once orders are combined, it cannot be undone.
I pre-ordered an item and placed it on customer hold, will it ship automatically?
- No, we will never ship any hold items without being requested to do so.
How do I get notified when my pre-order arrives?
- Be sure to sign up for the Release Day Notification on the item page.
- Once the product arrives at our warehouse, you will be updated via email and can begin building your shipment.
- If time is the most important factor for a specific pre-order, we encourage you to not use the hold feature on this item, as standard orders will ship by default once the product arrives.
Can you price match an item I've had on hold?
- We cannot price match or issue partial credits for items on hold.
Can you cancel an item I have on hold?
- Yes, to cancel the order, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific item or order number.
- Customer Holds may be cancelled within 30 days of the order for a full refund. In-stock orders beyond the initial 30 days may be cancelled for store credit only and subject to a 15% restocking/storage fee.
- Pre-Order hold orders may be cancelled within 120 days of the purchase date for full refund to the original payment method. Cancellations beyond the 120 days will have to be refunded as either store credit or a check.
- Excessive cancellations may result in loss of hold privileges.
How long can my items be on hold?
- A hold order needs to be shipped no later than 6 months after the original purchase date. Hold orders that are older than 6 months may be subject to immediate shipping without the customer request.